Thursday, August 1, 2013

Some great makeup finds from the DOLLAR TREE store.....

I love to get great bargains and if I find them at some unlikely places then, I am even happier! This is just the case when I went to my local Dollar Tree store. I had seen a post on another blog that there were some Milani lip pencils and lip stick rollers at some locations. I decided I would take a chance on seeing if they had them at my local dollar tree. Being a little anxious and excited upon driving there, I could not wait to get inside. As soon as I went in,  I went the makeup aisle ......yes, hooray they were there!! There were about three different shades in each lip product. Another surprise I found, was a tinted moisturizer by Bethany Frankel from The Real HouseWives of New York tv show, a skincare line that she has--called Skinny Girl. Of course, I bought all that I saw at $1.00 each and was very happy with my purchases.

When I got home I could not wait to try these out and so I did. Now I will have to say within the past few months, I have bought several products from the Milani line and have been very pleased. The colors are great and the consistency/texture is real easy to build upon when your applying it.  The lip pencils that I bought were called lip flash and the colors were bold and bright. I give them a A plus for pigment! They went on very smoothly and had a lot of sheen to them with a little speck of glitter.

I really enjoyed trying these and I would recommend others to go and buy them. The only thing is since they are at the dollar tree store, they may be discontinued and you will not see them anywhere else. You can beat paying a dollar for these when they probably sold originally for $6-$8. I love saving money and this was like getting a pot of gold. LOL. As for the Skinny Girl tinted moisturizer with a SPF 15, I have not tried them yet, but will soon. They had 3 different shades(Beige, Sand, Mocha). I bought beige and sand. I believe those would be like a light and medium shade. Mocha would probably be like a tan or dark shade. Now keep in mind, some tinted moisturizers can be lighter in color than your normal everyday foundation shade. Point being because its foundation and moisturizer mixed together which usually will have a SPF. These are great for summer time and if your looking for a lighter feel on your skin, but do not want to go all bare-faced natural.

Look on the internet and you will see that these SKINNY GIRL tinted moisturizers sell for $12-$14. That was a great deal I found and I can not wait to try them. Always check out your local dollar stores like Dollar Tree, Dollar General, and Family Dollar--you may find a hidden treasure and if you do, please share your great find with me.

By the way,  I did do a lip VIDEO on the MILANI LIP pencils to show the  great colors and how well they went on. Click on the LINK below and Watch the video. Let me know what you think!
I hope this was helpful and you are able to go out and get these great products. You can not beat paying $1.00 for them and if you do not like them, then it will not be a big loss!

Much Love and Hugs to you all,
Joy

 
 www.facebook.com/PurejoyMakeupByJoy

Just click on my videos tab when you go to my facebook page! Thanks so much for watching!  The VIDEO will be titled, "BRIGHT LIP".....


2 comments:

  1. Sadly the only Milani they had at my dollar tree was a few bottles of polish. Dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, too bad.....I wonder if there would be any others in your area that you could go to?? If not, maybe they will get some in. I did see the nail polishes and I forget to mention them, thanks for reminding me! :)) So sorry, you did not get the Milani lip pencils!! Hope you have a beautiful Day!!

    ReplyDelete