Monday, March 13, 2017

Nicole Guerriero GLOW KIT REVIEW

Hello Loves!

Well, I finally ordered the newly released, Anastasia Beverly Hills "Nicole Guerriero" glow kit. I have debated over the past year, if I was ever going to purchase one of these glow kits. I have looked over the previous released ones and found I liked some shades, but not all.
$40

I am light to light-medium skin tone depending on the time of year. I am also almost 44 years old and I am young at heart as well, lol! For me, some days I like a little glow, a healthy one that shows off my best features. I needed to add something different to my collection and something I know I would use. The shades in this new release captured my eye and interest.


I have always liked rose-golds, bronzes, champagne, and coral shades. Also, this stood out to me more with Spring and Summer coming around the corner in being a perfect choice for looking my glowy-best!
I swatched each shade in seeing how concentrated the pigment is and the smoothness of application.

To start with some shades were more smooth than others as I rubbed my finger across each vibrant shade.  I decided to try one of the shades on. My choice was Kitty Kat. I chose that shade, since it seemed it would be quite complimentary to my skin tone and liking to my makeup application. Take a look for youself!

Shade: Kitty Kat

Lightly applied, across my cheeks.

I did this look in the evening in a room with soft lighting. Also, I went back and applied another dusting of the highlighter upon my cheek in seeing a stronger glow. 

Now my thoughts........would I recommend this glow palette? 
I would say, yes! It is nice having a choice of different shades in one given palette and one that screams....fresh, bright, and compliments most skin tones.
PROS:                                                                      
  1. Nice shades for Spring and Summer 2017
     2. Can be applied lightly and built up to your preference
    3.  Good selection of varying shades for most skin tones
   4.  The highlighters can also be used to highlight the brow bone area, as an extra shadow, and a highlighter in the inner corner of the eye.
     5.  If you want to glow like a DIAMOND or give a shout out to the GLOW GODS, then you will find it in this palette!  LOL                                                            
 CONS:                                                                      1. Some shades feel more smooth than others in finger swatching, but doesn't affect 
application when using a
 makeup brush.
 2.  There  is some glitter in some of the shades, which can become chunky if applied heavily

   3. If you older like me (a.k.a....in your 40s & up) , but young at heart❤ in wanting some glow that appears more natural, you will find that not all shades in this palette will give that look.  Since the colors are pigmented, so is the gleaming glow, note a light hand is necessary while a heavy hand is cautioned.
*May draw more attention to texture in various skin types & with fine lines/wrinkles.

4.   Budget-wise, I would make sure that you go into a store location in swatching these shades to get a better idea if these are worth wearing to you and your dollars $$. There is nothing worse, than buyer's regret, wasted money, and having a product take up space in your drawer.       

    Hope this blog review post is helpful in your journey in finding a highlighter to your preference as a consumer and with your dollars spent.
Here's to happy shopping!!
Much❤  and hugs,

JOY


#anastasiaglowkit
#nicoleguerriero
#highlighter
#glow
#glam
                                                                  



2 comments:

  1. need this kit in my life! wow love the glow!
    beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Monica! Thank you for reading! I am truly enjoying mine right now and the different looks of highlight that I can create. A good selection of varying shades. Let me know if do get the glow kit and how it is working for you. Take care!😄

    ReplyDelete