Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mommy is a BARBIE DOLL

I am sitting here thinking about my day and looking forward to wearing some new makeup that I received on my birthday. Usually when I do my makeup my son comes to see where I am and watches for a few minutes. My son is a typical 14 year old except one thing, he has autism and he is my sunshine. He has been use to seeing me put on my makeup and at times, so sweetly comes to me to say that I look pretty and that I look like a barbie doll. Of course, I am not Barbie, but I am Barbie to him. It is amazing that I get to hear that from my son and hearing his voice while speaking those words because truthfully, some with autism never find their voice. Mine found his finally at age 4 1/2 years old and he has been a talking ever since.

My MAKEUP is a common fixture in my everyday life and I love that my son sees that I take great pride in my appearance and want to look good for his daddy. Now you know something new about me and my family.  I try not to get personal and share some things because really my life is just as typical as others except for my son's autism. Having other interests and hobbies is great to have and that is what I have with doing makeup. I have encouraged my son to be creative and I love how he knows that I do that. I am so excited to get to do something that I love while creating an art that helps others to feel good about themselves!! May everyone see true beauty in everything you do!! Till then, much love and hugs to you!!

 
My two favorite people!! My hubby and son! 

No comments:

Post a Comment