Friday, January 8, 2016

Is PRIMER always necessary??

Hello, my lovelies!

 I know I have been missing in action in writing some great blogs. Please accept my apologies for I have been taking care of my son's special needs.

I am however excited to share with you some valuable makeup information.  It can help you in your makeup application technique and with any future skin care problems. Today's topic is makeup primer! Is it necessary for you and anyone that may be a client of yours as a makeup artist.

The answer is yes and no. Let's start with NO first in better understanding the disadvantages of this so popular product.

REASONS to NOT USE PRIMER:
1. If you or anyone else has a flawless, pore less canvas, face
2. Your skin is smooth already therefore no texture problems are in sight
3. No visible large pores, lines or wrinkles
4. Less is more
5. Less breakouts because layering many products can cause your skin to react

REASONS to USE A PRIMER
1. You or anyone else have visible
texture issues in creating a smooth canvas
2. Visible large, deep pores
3. People with aged skin, lines and wrinkles
4. Bumpy skin
5. Those wanting and needing  longer, lasting, mattifying, staying power



And there you have it, 5 reasons in yes and no if makeup primers are needed or should be avoided. As a makeup artist, I have seen and used some great primers that had great skin care benefits while others not so much.

Not all products are created equal and some do not mix well together. Know your ingredients.  So, just be advised as with any product or trend, not every thing is necessary.
Back in my day, over 22 years ago primers were not used as we conquered texture in other ways.  Layering can become a nightmare if you over do it in defeating your purpose of looking naturally beautiful!

As always, I hope you find my blogs helpful. I myself, try new products and techniques still.  After all, that is the fun of being a makeup artist and beauty expert.

Cheers to you!
Much love and hugs,

               JOY

No comments:

Post a Comment