Monday, February 29, 2016

What's NEW AT THE DRUGSTORE ♡

Hey Everyone, look what I found at my local Walmart!
 Some new makeup goodies, that I have been hearing about for the past couple of weeks.  I thought I would share just in case some of you haven't been in the loop on drugstore makeup news.



I always get excited when I see new makeup items whether it's drugstore or high-end. Are you with me?? Lol.  And yes, I am a makeup addict! Now a couple of the items that I purchased have been out for about a month or so, please bear with me. Usually, I like to post these right when they have been released if they are available in my area. My local Walmart has been behind and is slower than others....making me frustrated at times.

So, let's get started with my little mini-haul . Shall we?
First, I was on the hunt for that Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer. I have seen some reviews on it from YouTube and was curious. since it was said to have a scent of coconut and the beach. Sounds delightful, doesn't?
( Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer $14)
Shade Bronzer 6676

Woohoo!! I found it in the shade Bronzer 6676. I couldn't wait to open it up , swatching it and smelling it! And yes, it has the scent of coconut and the beach. I am so wanting to go to the beach now! Lol.  When I swatched it, it didn't appear very orange nor was it very dark. I think it your light skin and to a medium skin tone you can wear this.

It felt very smooth and buttery-soft to my fingers. Too bad, they did not have a shade for darker skin tones without it looking ashy or gray. I certainly hope they will come out with one to meet that demand. Looking forward to trying this out on my face later this week!

Next while in the same aisle, I passed by CoverGirl. I saw some new eye palettes. There are actually 3 different shades NUDES, ROSES, and GOLDENS with 8 shades each. I picked up the GOLDENS palette. Now from what I have heard, these are suppose to be similar to the Urban Decay, Naked palettes. 

(CoverGirl trunaked GOLDENS $9.99)

The shades are very nice and are of a different formula than any of the CoverGirl eyeshadows I have ever seen. The texture is very smooth, buttery, and pretty good in pigment.  Truly, a great improvement than their other eyeshadow formulas. I am really impressed!



Now, time for some LIP LOVE♡♡. I don't know about you, but some things in the drugstore land are getting exciting! What such fun to see some new products and packaging! Hard♡Candy has several new items now. From lips, cheeks, and eyes. I only picked up one lip product though, but will go back this weekend.
( HARD♡CANDY Velvet Mousse Matte lip color in CHERRY BLOSSOM $6)


The lip goodie above is Hard♡Candy's new Velvet Mousse Matte lipcolor. All of the different shades comes in a cute, colorful metal container. The shade I purchased is a nice medium rose. It felt creamy and had a nice shine, drying to a matte look. The color is quite pigmented and left a stain on my hand, easily removed by soap and water.

My second lip color, I purchased was the REVLON Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor.  The packaging of the tube is sleek, showing the color very well. It has an angled applicator and a slight fruity, sweet scent. It did go on creamy and smooth being of great pigment. 
( REVLON ULTRA HD MATTE LIPCOLOR  in 620 Flirtation Flirt $9)

Last, but not least is the MILANI, Amore Matte Lip Creme. Now, these have been out for several months and I only saw 1 shade at my Walmart. It is a dark shade of which I don't wear a lot of, but I thought I would try it. The formula of this lip cream feels and looks thicker than the others. Having a sponge-tip applicator it can easily be spread over your lips. * Quick tip, be careful to not go out your lip line for it stains , especially with wearing this shade. 
(MILANI AMORE MATTE LIP CREME #18 Obsession $6)

All this week, I will be testing these products out and seeing how they wear and for how long. Please let me know if you have tried any of these and share your opinion how they worked for you! I love hearing from you!! 

Much love and hugs ♡

JOY


*TAGS:# #makeup#face#eyes#lips#physiciansformula#covergirl#hardcandy#revlon#milani#eyeshadow#palettes#lipcolor#drugstore












3 comments:

  1. Really glad you got these. I'm very curious about the palettes. And the lip colors,oh my. That Milani looks so great. I love those hues. But the cherry one also has my interest. Don't know when or if we will have spare money and I've got so many things I want to collect from the higher end choices. But as much as I've fallen for high end and shopping at Sephora and Ulta, I really still am a drugstore lover at heart. When I'm not so sick I can't get out of bed I'm measuring, taking pictures and having one of the coolest people in corsetting check out the pics and give me estimates on what I can reasonably ask for the corsets I'm going to put up for sale. Maybe I'll get lucky and make enough to give most to the hubby to cover bills and maybe keep enough to pick up some of what you reviewed and other drug store items I've been longing to raid. God I need to find a foundation. Keep the reviews coming. I'm having fun living vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tara for your response and comment! I know with a new month around the corner, there will be some great drugstore sales starting. Check your local Sunday newspaper for coupons especially for Covergirl. I know Milani and Hard Candy never have coupons out, but there will be some sales at buy one get on 50% off for the most part. Keep your chin up, grasshopper!Spring is around the corner for our days will be brighter and warmer. February is a bad month, weather-wise keeping us homebound. Thank you for your support, friendship, and reading my blog posts. I appreciate it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tara for your response and comment! I know with a new month around the corner, there will be some great drugstore sales starting. Check your local Sunday newspaper for coupons especially for Covergirl. I know Milani and Hard Candy never have coupons out, but there will be some sales at buy one get on 50% off for the most part. Keep your chin up, grasshopper!Spring is around the corner for our days will be brighter and warmer. February is a bad month, weather-wise keeping us homebound. Thank you for your support, friendship, and reading my blog posts. I appreciate it so much!!

    ReplyDelete