Friday, June 17, 2016

Owning your INDIVIDUALITY in the world of FOLLOWERS

If the title of this blog post captured your interest, then I welcome you with open arms! For this needs to be discussed before we or anyone else out there loses what is unique about themselves in the first place. Being your own individual- self may seem difficult at times, especially in the "LAND OF BEAUTY". So, let's discuss it....shall we?

In case you haven't noticed already, there is plenty out there to follow, copy, and compare when seeking a specific look. Being a makeup artist myself, I love to create most forms of art. Individual expression can be beautiful, but also become complicated and torturing to one's soul. Knowing who you are , what you want , and what you see can give you the tools in which direction you shall go.


I would say for the past year, we have seen many trends in the fashion/beauty world. Most of what I have seen is being followed by the masses. While knowing what is the current trend can be a good thing, it can also strip us from our own individuality......the very thing that dared us to be different.  For me, I want to still look like myself and not a distorted version of what the world thinks I should look like.

I want all WOMEN and especially younger women to know that I SEE YOU....... I see your insecurities, I see your hopes and dreams, I see your pain, I see your joy, I see your accomplishments,  and I see your failures! What has happened to us? To where we need to look like one another in order to feel WHOLE, APPRECIATED, and VALUED. There should not be no tearing down of one another, picking apart of each and every thing.

 Even being a Mother myself, I still see the age ol'war of working Moms vs. stay at home Moms.  None of this should be a competition,  but it is.  I hope to see where one's beauty is defined in who the person is, what they do , taking care of themselves on the inside and out. Your appearance on the outside can define on what's going on the inside of you, if you look close enough. Does that make sense?

If you lose who you are because of what seems acceptable, pleasing to another, and beautiful to the eye staying on trend you have become lost.  Know this though, not all that wander are lost! Trying to figure these out when your young, you look to others which is understandable. Build up your confidence, my daughters and sisters of the world. Choose to be YOU and no one else! Don't over contour your face, life to the point it becomes unrecognizable even a distorted version.


Set goals , making a list of things that you seek to achieve by a certain time-frame. Think of things that INSPIRE YOU, ENCOURAGE YOU, and DIRECT YOU onto a path of success. Surround yourself with like- minded individuals,  freeing yourself from those that pull you down taking you nowhere.  Living life through someone else is not living your own life.

You are more than a contoured, highlighted face, you are more than the brand you wear, you are more than a number , following someone else , you are more than the top 10 of every list depicting a fabulous person or life! What you have to offer is not only different, but special. Have faith, endurance, and become wiser than you were before. Let life MAKE YOU NOT BREAK YOU!

Even when the rest of world seems cruel, unkind, and unloving, be a DAVID in the world of GOLAITHS! Meaning having strength and courage amongst the fight to live in peace having happiness and security. I sincerely hope you feel encouraged, up-lifted, and embraced as the person you are. While we can't always change another's opinion , we can choose to decide who we share our life with.
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, MY BEAUTIES!!

Much love and hugs,

JOY

2 comments:

  1. Exclusive post.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @pro makeup cases, thank you for reading my blog post. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete